I have good news! Project Animal Farm was recently longlisted for the Chatauqua Prize, an honor that recognizes books for their literary merit. Also, the book was recently included in a list of three must-read books by The Food Revolution Network! “This is a gripping story that will forever change how you think about animals, food, and life itself,” writes the Network.
I also returned on The Agenda with Steve Paikin, the flagship current affairs program of TV Ontario. I chatted with Steve and other panelists about the advantages of a plant-based diet. You can view the episode here!
Here is an article about Project Animal Farm that appeared in the Post Independent in Colorado, and here’s a review in literary journal, Kudzu House. “Project Animal Farm is a relevant, poignant, and remarkable account of a young woman’s journey through the world of factory farming and agribusiness, and is a must-read for anyone interested in animal ethics, environmental sustainability, and food politics,” writes Sabeen Ahmed in Kudzu House.
You can order Project Animal Farm here at a 40% discount.
Several events are coming right up; here’s what’s on the calendar in April.
- Wed, April 6: North York Central Library in Toronto from 7 to 8pm (5120 Yonge Street).
- Sat, April 9: ImagiNation Writers’ Festival in Quebec City from 2 to 3pm at Morrin Center (44, Chaussée des Écossais).
- Wed, April 13: Harvard Coop in Cambridge, MA from 7 to 8:30pm (1400 Massachusetts Ave).
- Thurs, April 14: Dartmouth College at the Rockefeller Center from 4:30 to 6pm (2 Webster Avenue, Hanover, NH).
And here’s the round-up on some of the latest reader reviews:
- “Recently, a friend surprised me with a copy of Project Animal Farm, a very kind gesture to share a book that had had a profound impact on her… In addition to the enlightening content, this book will undoubtedly enthrall you with its literary style…The book is a must read for anyone who is curious about exploring today’s food landscape, and is craving something truly wholesome for the mind, body, and soul.” – Sara
- “Project Animal Farm is truly wonderful.” – Lucy
- “For the past week I’ve been listening to Project Animal Farm constantly and it is riveting!” – Michelle
- “In addition to the great information contained in this book, which, alone, makes it worth reading, it is also a very interesting, accessible I could not put it down.” – Kestrel
- “This book caught my eye at the library one day and I’m a different person from reading it. I shared many parts of it with my husband as I read then he decided he had to read it for himself.” – Becky
- “Everyone should read this.” – Sandra
- “Every time I put your book down, I could not wait to get back to it.” – Amy
- “I was repeatedly blown away and humbled by the insightfulness of your writing.” – Lucas
- “Your book is making a difference and I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart.” – Mary-Jo
- “You are an amazing woman to have accomplished what you have done and you are helping to change the narrative to ‘animals are sentient beings.’” – Nicholas
- “Your book was great and very insightful.” – Tara