I am excited to say that my Book Promotion Kick-Off Party went amazingly well! I am incredibly grateful to those who attended.
Here is some exciting ocean-related news:
- Australia’s government pledged $500 million dollars toward protecting the Great Barrier Reef. The Great Barrier Reef is the world’s largest coral reef system, visible from outer space, stretching more than 2,300 kilometers (1,400 miles) off the coast of Australia.
- This summer, an organization called The Ocean Cleanup will attempt to launch its first cleanup inside the Great Pacific Garbage Patch, located in the Pacific Ocean between California and Hawaii.
- World Oceans Day is on June 8th! In addition to heading to the shore, you can learn about actions you can take for the oceans here.
Below are two events I am doing in June about food sustainability, explored in my first book Project Animal Farm. Please click on the links below to learn further details.
- Monday, June 4 at 7pm at Toronto Reference Library (789 Yonge Street).
- Tuesday, June 12 at 6.30pm at Toronto Danforth/Coxwell Library (1675 Danforth Ave).